Sunday, July 16, 2006

Roastin'

Yes, even by the beach we're roasting here. Came back from a leisurely walk, all drippy, ready for shower #2. Yum!


Speaking of yum, here's my latest batch of roasted veggies, made a few days ago.



All I do is cut a whole bunch of different vegetables in chunks: usually eggplant, peppers (if I can't get them fresh, I used Trader Joe's frozen tri-color peppers), red onions, tomatoes (great for those that are too mushy for salad), zucchini (green and yellow), fresh basil, salt and pepper and olive oil. Mix everything in a big bowl until everything is well coated and then put in a 400 degree oven for an hour. I usually check in about a half-hour into cooking, stir everything up and continue cooking. Everything gets caramelized. It's so, so good!

I use this on its own as a side dish or mix it with pasta, couscous or wheatberries.
I love the colors and textures and it's a family favorite. It's even good cold, which sounds good during these hotter than hot days we've been having.

No comments: