Sunday, January 23, 2005

Christmas in January
As a Christmas gift, my friend Mindy enrolled us in a sushi class.
It was so much fun. Not only was it hands-on, but each member of the class went home with a brand new Zojirushi rice cooker!!
We learned how to make miso soup with clams, teriyaki salmon(including making teriyaki sauce from scratch), spicy tuna hand roll, eel avocado cut rolls and of course, sushi rice. Everything was delish, considering we were all newbies.
Now I want to make sushi every week. There goes my low-carb diet!

What about knitting you may ask? Haven't been doing much, except for a hat of Kureyon I'll be taking with me when I visit my mom next month. I plan on starting the Brooklyn sweater (finally!) and finishing up some projects I just left hanging.

Also gonna make a pink fuzzy scarf to be donated to the Knit for the Cure, where they will be selling handknit items at the Race for the Cure, here in Pasadena next month.

Getting my mammogram next week. Have you scheduled yours?

No comments: