Saturday, July 12, 2003

Movies, movies, movies
I adore movies. I can see three in day, and have done so in the past.
I like weird, off-beat films and mainstream ones, too. I can be very opinionated and sometimes hate what the critics love.
Recently, I saw a Chinese film called "The Eye", which had its flaws, but definitely had its scary, creepy moments, too. Kind of a combo of a lot of horror films, with a huge dose of "The Sixth Sense" and "The Ring" stirred in. A sorta sappy ending, but a scene near the end was one of the most horrifying things I've seen in film in a long time.
Yesterday saw a very disturbing documentary called"Capturing the Friedmans". Just click on the link to see all reviews snippets. Boy, did that stick with me for hours after.
Today, as a palate cleanser, I'm seeing "Charlie's Angels 2". I haven't seen a movie with chase scenes and explosions for a while, so I'm due. Unless I count the horrific "Hollywood Homicide" which sorta went through me like a bad meal!!
On my wish list for future viewings are "American Splendor" and "Gigantic: A Tale of Two Johns".
And remember, if you sit near me, NO TALKING!!

No comments: