Tuesday, August 13, 2002

My new project
I got a gift certificate to my LYS and finally cashed it in. It's a complete coincidence that the yarn is called Curly , but I guess it was only natural (heh) that I was drawn to it. It's one of the new Fall 2002 yarns from Filatura Di Crosa . I will take a pic from the book so you can see the sweater I'll be making.
While I was at the shop, they tried to sell me a membership to their club. It costs $75 for the first year, in which you receive a monthly newsletter, which features garments designed just for the shop. If you want to purchase the yarns for those garments, you get 25% off. You also choose which yarns you like best, like the Italians, British, French or Hand Dyed and get 25% off all purchases of those yarns whenever you buy. At the end of the first year, you get an exclusively designed tote and then all future memberships are only $60 a year. I didn't sign up yet, 'cause I'm not sure it's worth it or not. What do y'all think?

No comments: