Friday, March 07, 2014

What's the haps in knitting news?

HappySheep

Happy Friday! Here are some interesting things that have been recently happening in the fiber arts world:

In Canada, Rita Gallant decided to take up knitting when her grandson was born prematurely. This turned into a 28-year-old passion for knitting for others, for which she was rewarded for last month. Here's Rita's story.

I was so sad to find out that my favorite L.A. yarn shop, Wildfiber was closing soon. It was there for decades and it will be a big loss to their community. Closer to home, I found an interesting solution to the lack of yarn shops. Read how a partnership between Chappaqua boutique,Marmalade and NYC'sThe Yarn Company will provide residents with a little bit of yarn heaven and more. If you're in the area, this will be happening tomorrow, Saturday, March 8th.

penguinssweaters

No doubt you've been seeing countless stories around the web this week, talking about knitting sweaters for oil-soaked penguins. I was tagged on Facebook by several friends to do this and just as I was going to dive into my stash, I read an article that partially debunked this need and told the real story.

Well, we are finally get some warmer weather this weekend, which will hopefully start the big thaw. It feels like we've been living on Hoth for months!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

No comments: