Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Night at Joe's Pub

Hello readers! I've so busy blogging elsewhere, but I've decided to come back here and keep my blog going again.

So where have I been? Well for starters, last night courtesy of MamaDrama, I had the opportunity to go to Joe's Pub at the Public Theatre to see "No Place to Go."



Directed by Leigh Silverman, "No Place to Go" is the story about playwright/singer Ethan Lipton's losing his permanent part-time job as a copy editor, or as he calls it "an information refiner." This story will no doubt resonate for creative people who need day jobs, so they can afford to pursue their artistic dreams. Lipton's three piece band is fantastic and the music was light and jazzy. I loved Ethan's singing style which reminded me of Tom Waits and maybe a touch of Leon Redbone, without being imitative. The lyrics were great and showcased his wry observations on working and job loss.

If you're in the NYC-area, you should definitely check this out. Joe's Pub is a beautiful space and you can get drinks and eats during the show. As an extra-added incentive, thanks to Mama Drama, you can get discount tickets to the show.

Use NOPLACE for $25 tickets which can be purchased by calling 212-­‐967-­‐7555; clicking here ; or visiting The Public Theater Box Office, 425 Lafayette St.

No comments: