Saturday, November 01, 2008

It's about time

As much as I try to stop buying yarn, I give in from time to time.

We were away last week and met some friends for breakfast. My friend showed me these amazing fingerless gloves she made from Koigu KPPM. They were so amazing I caved and went to a yarn shop near our hotel and bought some.

Don't you sometimes buy yarn for projects, then never get to it, and then when it resurfaces you hate the project?

This happened to me with a long-ago purchase of Colinette Tagliatelli. I was lured by the fact I could make a jacket with three balls on big needles. Nope. It was not going to look good on me.

So I brought some Tagliatelli with me and made a Shape It Scarf, from Sally Melville's "The Knit Stitch" instead.

Here it is in progress, poolside last week:




Done:



I'll be posting more stash busting projects and I promise to not buy any more yarn for a while. Okay? Okay!

No comments: