Tuesday, October 09, 2007

High Fiber Weekend

What a fiber-filled weekend I had!

First and foremost, I finally met the lovely Lisa. It's always great to have the opportunity to meet your blog pals in person. Thanks to Lisa , I found out that our local knitting guild was meeting last Saturday, so that's where we met.

Linda, the head of the guild brought these beautiful felted purses she sells. Chris showed us patterns she sells and also brought a beautiful project she submitted to Knitty. I hope she gets picked!
Another woman (forgive me, I can't remember her name).....was it Lila?...came with incredible crocheted wire and beaded necklaces.
And lastly, Lisa brought in some yarn she had spun herself. It was gorgeous and if you check her blog, you can see examples of her handiwork.

I didn't realize there'd be a "show 'n tell" at the meeting. Next time I'll bring my camera.

This past weekend was the Saratoga County Fiber Tour. A group of sheep, llama and alpaca farms open their doors to the public, with demos and of course, lotsa yarn! It was a beautiful day for it on Sunday. It actually felt like fall (the day before it was 80)and the trees are starting to change. I was amazingly restrained and just bought a couple of skeins for some winter hats.

With the growing trend of buying local, which we do each week at our farmer's market, it's great I can now do that with my yarn purchases too.


Some of the residents of Saratoga Llamas:



General Bailey Homestead Farm - housed in an old barn built in 1798. Owned by General Samuel Bailey, one of Washington's staff officers during the Revolutionary War. Unfortunately, the sheep were shy that day, so they didn't make an appearance.



Dig that fab fall foliage!



I made the photos smallish, so the blog would load faster. Click on any for a closer view.

No comments: