Thursday, July 12, 2007

Saratoga Tag

Fellow Saratogian blogger, Dan has tagged me. It's an easy one called Eight Random Facts, so I'll indulge.

Glad it's a cooler morning, so I can think. It's been triple H around here and we've been trying to cope with fans instead of air conditioning. It ain't easy.
Luckily, it seems to rain every other day here, so it cools off for a bit.

Been taking advantage of lots of stuff here in Saratoga Springs. The free outdoor concert on Sundays in Congress Park, last weekend's Art in the Park, the Creative Sewing Festival at the SS City Center were all great fun.

Okay, back to the tag. Here's the scoop:
Players start with eight random facts about themselves.

People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here ya go:

1. I hate peas. For years even if they were in something else, I'd pick them out.
I've gotten better over the years, but I still approach them with caution.

2. I had a tremendous crush on Dustin Hoffman when "The Graduate" came out. I even had a scrapbook with clippings. I wrote to his agent and got an autographed head shot. When he was in a play around that time called "Jimmy Shine", I waited at the stage door with my cousin, Claudia. There was such a crowd, all I got to do was touch his hair! Hahaha! The only time I would have been able to meet him, was when he was filming "Who is Harry Kellerman...." at the office where my cousin Tina was working at the time. Of course, I got sick that day and couldn't go. Recently, back in Santa Monica, I was having coffee with a friend and I look up and there's Dustin walking down the street with (I assumed) his grandkid on his shoulders. He's still got it!

3. I will not talk during a movie in the theater. I might cast a sardonic glance or squeeze my husband's leg, but I refuse to talk. So if you want go to the movies with me, you've been warned.

4. One of my jobs involved being part of the Academy Awards.

5. This blog has led to me being published and making friends I never would have met otherwise.

6. I was once responsible for the research and rescue effort (including flight arrangements) for an abused 400 pound farm hog. For people who know me, this is a very unusual thing.

7. I lost a spelling bee, misspelling the word "misspell".

8. The only thing I am allergic to is fake crabmeat.

Okay, now for the lucky recipients of the tag:

Victoria

Larry

Lisa

Jennie

Michelle

Kate

Joclyn

Carrie

No comments: