Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Where has all the knitting gone?

I didn't knit for a long time after we moved. I don't know why.
I was so disoriented and sad for a while and couldn't muster up the enthusiasm.

I was organizing my yarn stuff the other day and came across the Brooklyn sweater from Rowan denim that I've been working on for years....literally.

I started doing the cable-striped sleeve and it felt so good to be knitting again. I've definitely got my knitting mojo back!

I also whipped up a couple of scarves for my new Saratogian pals, Kathy and Mary Kate. I love giving handmade presents.

My next project will be the lovely Nicole using Queensland Kathmandu in a mustardy color.

I joined the STR Rockin' Sock Club last year, just as my mom started to decline. I was so busy travelling back and forth, I never got to make any of the socks. I've got a lovely sock stash just waiting for me now.

I am going to try really hard to resist any more yarn purchases for a while. I hope I can do it. It's not easy having two yarn shops within walking distance. Wish me luck!

No comments: