Friday, September 22, 2006



Knit Celebrity Sighting!

Actually more than just that.

Last night I went to a party to celebrate the publication of Knit 2 Together.
It's a brand-new knitting book co-authored by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark.

The book is a great collection of Mel's beautiful, inspirational patterns combined with funny and inspirational anecdotes and comments by Tracey. Each pattern also has a little background story by Mel about what inspired her to design it.

I was very excited to get to meet Tracey Ullman, as I've loved her for so long. I thought we'd just have a "Hi, how are you?" convo, but we actually had a great chat. She's funny, smart and so lovely. She's obviously a passionate knitter and if there weren't a line of folks behind me, we probably could have chatted longer. You know how it is when knitters get together! Tracey credits Mel for helping her break through the scarf/rectangle phase she'd been stuck in. I've been there too and "Knit 2 Together" is the perfect book to help you get unstuck and become, as Mel says "intrepid".



How lucky am I to have Wildifber just 15 minutes away?

P.S. If you want to see a little video preview of the book, please click here.

No comments: