Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Market fun



Most Sundays you'll find us wandering the farmer's market here in town.
I always find some great stuff that inspires my weekly menus.

A recent market pleasure was meeting Edythe Preet of The Heritage Kitchen. Edythe is a food historian, jam/jelly maker extraordinaire and the purveyor of the most amazing collection of vintage tablecloths, napkins, hankies and so much more.

Above you'll see my latest purchase. A lovely kitchen embroidery, which was a motto my mom had in her kitchen for many years, stitched by Edythe herself. Before my mom passed away, I mentioned that motto to Edythe. She actually found it for me and I got it a few days ago.

The jams and jellies are delish, especially the bell pepper jalapeno. Spicy!
If you live in L.A. and are near the Brentwood farmer's market on Sunday, go check out Edythe's booth. Tell her I said hi, too.

No comments: