Saturday, April 01, 2006

Didja miss me?

Well, I missed me! It took weeks to recover.

What about knitting?
Well, while I was in Brooklyn, I started working on Bonne Marie's Cutaway using some lovely Anny Blatt Merinos in Prune. Bought the yarn from my SnB pal, Allison of Supercrafty. I took the express bus several times into Manhattan and always got lots of comments when I whipped out this sweater.

I also finally finished the back of Rowan Denim's Brooklyn sweater. Just a coincidence on the name of the sweater, btw. Was just showing my husband some sweaters and he picked the design, without knowing the name! I hope this sweater works out. Wendy recently had a not-so great experience with it on a small scale. The adventure continues.

Just as I was getting ready to go to LAX for my recent trip, I got an email about the Rockin' Sock Club from Socks That Rock. It wasn't worth missing the plane to join, so I figured I'd do it when I came back. The response was overwhelming and the membership filled up so fast. I put my name on the waiting list and a few days later, I was in! They only had the yearly option available and I decided to do it. I run around lots of time trying to find yarn and this particular yarn has had limited availablity. Plus, you get exclusive patterns and other freebies, so I fully rationalized that expense!

Oh and today, I'll be working on this:


It's a gift for one of my husband's co-workers. Will probably make matching booties, too. I'm using different colors and as soon as I get a chance, I'll take photos of everything I just rambled on about.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and don't forget to turn that clock ahead.
Boo! Hiss!

P.S.Just realized today is the four-year anniversary of this blog.
Time sure does fly when I'm talking about myself!!

No comments: