Sunday, August 21, 2005

Triple F's

When I lived in Brooklyn, August was always the month for triple H's: hazy, hot and humid.

Here on the West coast, August has triple F's: the Fabulous Fiber Fest.

So I popped over there this morning and I was remarkably restrained in my purchases. I bought some Habu stuff and some hand-dyed yarn for a pair of socks.

Also got some lovely antique buttons, which I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna use them for yet, but I'll find a way.

I was pleasantly surprised to run into my super-talented pal, Jenny of Sew Darn Cute . I was so embarrassed that for one second I didn't recognize her. I was literally walking in circles trying to find the antique button lady again, and when Jenny called my name, she took me by surprise!
I have several of Jenny's wonderful items, including a knit cozy with hula girls on it and this bag. Jenny recently relaunched her website with lots of new goodies, so go check it out!
I think I'm gonna get one of these next.

Jenny introduced me to her friends Ruth and Jeanette and we had a nice chat. It's always a blast talking with other fiber enthusiasts. There's always an instant connection, isn't there?

Since the FFF encompassed many fiber arts, I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any knitting classes being held. There was one scrumbling workshop, but the rest of the classes were for quilting. I admire quilters so much and saw some absolutely amazing quilts on display today. Although I have tons of patience when it comes to knitting, I don't think I could be a quilter. I can't even imagine trying to find all of the fabric, cutting all of those pieces and on and on...

Maybe next year, they'll try to have more stuff for knitters/crocheters, but it was still a fun morning.

No comments: