Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mom was here!
Been pretty busy.
Mom took advantage of her three-month treatment hiatus and came to visit for a couple of weeks.
Although I've been going back to NY often since she became ill, she hasn't been well enough to venture West for two years.

Some afternoons we sat on the bluffs overlooking the ocean, taking in the salty sea air combined with the scents of the wildflowers and fennel bushes which surrounded us.

Took advantage of my car behaving and instead of sightseeing, we visited people I always tell my mom about.

One day, popped on over to Brentwood to visit the lovelyShannita. My mom wanted to personally thank her for contributing to the Relay for Life.
Mom wasn't feeling particulary well that day, but meeting Shannita and connecting with her was such a tonic.

I was moved to tears when I was checking in at Shannita's blog the other day and found this this. How lovely.

Mom's back home and said her visit felt like a dream. I wish I could make all of her dreams come true.

No comments: