Friday, August 01, 2003

Tempted!
I am so curious about the new "Bennifer" collaboration "Gigli". The advanced buzz has been horrific and that's what makes it so intriguing. Now that the reviews have come out, it's even more tantalizing. The blurbs on Rotten Tomatoes here, are probably more entertaining than the film itself, but I still might bite.
One of my favorite unintentionally funny movies is "Mission To Mars".
All through the film we were holding our faces, because we didn't want our laughter to bother anyone who was actually enjoying it.
"Showgirls" is also a classic. A friend invited a whole bunch of people over to watch it and it was a real live, raucous MST3K kinda experience. The RT blurbs got me to see Madonna's "Swept Away", but it was just plain ol' bad. When we went to buy tickets my husband said to the cashier, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but, two for 'Swept Away'." The cashier laughed and said she'd been getting variations of that all day!
So, tell me. What are your recommendations for "so bad, they're good" films?

No comments: