Thursday, February 13, 2003

Make it stop!
Start rant here: I am really sick and tired of all those commercials showing a guy giving his gal a diamond for (as my old neighbors used to say) "Valentime's Day". What kind of message is this? I may be in the minority, but I don't even celebrate this so-called holiday. When you have young kids, it's fun of course, and I've made my share of heart-shaped cookies and handmade Valentines, but as far as us grown-ups go, who needs this?
It's too much pressure! I think after Stuart Rosenthal tore up the card I gave to him, right in front of me, when I was in 3rd grade, I was soured on the whole V-day deal, from that point on.
I guess I just don't like being told what to do. I'd rather give or receive a token of my affection or appreciation when it's least expected. Okay....I'm done.
(A la Lt. Columbo): Just one more thing....I did come across some rather funny animated Altoid-inspired e-Valentines at their site here . There's even one perfect for knitters that says, "I have it baaaaaad for ewe". Click on the box that says "The Love Tin". Enjoy!

No comments: