Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Take a look here to see one of my parting gifts. It's pretty close to the color I received and goes great with jeans, which I wear a lot. At my job, every day was "dress down" and I loved that.
Since I have no clue as to what I will do next, I keep thinking about looking to work in an area that interests me on some level. As an administrative assistant, I can pretty much go anywhere. In theory, all those books/articles/tv shows about "following your passion" sound great, but that might be hard to achieve. It would be swell to be able to make a living doing something fiber-related, but I know how difficult that is. A friend of mine was a knitting accessories designer who worked day and night. We lived in the same apartment building and it wasn't until a year after she moved in, that we met, because she was inside all day, knitting. She did make a profit, but not enough to pay rent, etc. Luckily her husband's salary took care of that.
In the meantime, I will dust off my resume and polish it up and see what happens next......

No comments: