Sunday, April 14, 2002

I love movies, but lately there hasn't been anything worthwhile seeing....in my opinionated opinion, anyway. I plan on seeing "Panic Room" and "Monsoon Wedding" next weekend. We have a membership to a movie series, where you pay a yearly fee and then to go selected screenings every month. The only drawback is no food or drink is allowed in the screening theatre, so I surreptitiously sneak in some Altoids during the film. Although now that I think about it, that might not be such a drawback.
Lately, when I have gone to a neighborhood showing, I have been hyper-aware of the person near me crunching popcorn in my ear. Maybe I coincidentally sat near some loud crunchers or I have picked up super-hearing powers during the last comet shower. Yikes!
If you love indie films, you should check out
Film Threat. I subscribe to their newsletter, which is chock full of info and reviews. indieWIRE is a good source of info,too.
Any good movie recommendations, anyone?

No comments: